We have a highly-skilled full service technical team including developers, QA, hosting, systems, security, privacy and dev ops. Every single member of the team has passed a developer skills test. We’re looking for someone who has those same coding chops, but has a little something extra: the ability to identify opportunity and sell. We have tons of technical ability, and we want to take full advantage of that ability by selling tons of technical work.
This position will be a mix of operational and sales opportunities. You will deliver work. You’ll be required to demonstrate deep technical knowledge, but you’ll also be expected to explain technical opportunities and products to those with less technical expertise. You’ll be able to cross the divide between our IT and our Marketing clients seamlessly, and you’ll identify opportunity for innovative work that will solve client problems.
Success is demonstrated through profitability, innovation, client satisfaction, and growth within the team resulting in the team being uniquely prepared to address our clients’ future needs and challenges.
Specific responsibilities can be summarized in the following categories:
Delivery of Technical Work
• Accountable for the delivery of technical work for clients at the highest standard, as quickly and as cost-effectively as possible.
• Find ways to make things better and faster, through tools, skills and processes. Advocate for standardization and efficiency.
• Continually track the capabilities and roadmap of Klick’s internal tools. Drive early adoption, assess benefits, and provide feedback to the platform teams to ensure future success.
• Be a good Klick citizen and help other teams to deliver their work, where possible.
• Hiring and discharge, promotions, recommendations on salary adjustments, keeping staff fed and watered.
• Manage Technical team utilization to meet or exceed company targets.
• Coach and mentoring the current and future technical leaders. Equip Technical Directors to manage their teams. Adhoc mentoring of other members of the teams.
• Ensure we have the right people, with the right skills to deliver today’s work. Build and apply a strategy for acquiring the skills we expect to need tomorrow.
• Find opportunities for team members to “level up”, to both increase capabilities and keep team engaged.
• Serve as the the point of escalation for the Technical team. Ensure escalations happen when they need to.
Future / Platforms / Craft
• Analyze, understand and support the definition of the capabilities and roadmap of Klick’s external platforms. Find opportunities to utilize and sell them. Help client-facing teams to understand them, and position them with our clients.
• Identify, and help others to identify, opportunities that apply Klick’s existing platforms, and potential new platforms to solving clients’ needs.
• Encourage innovation and efficiency knowledge share between business groups.
• Build and nurture a strong relationship with our clients’ IT delivery teams and IT leadership.
• Learn more about our IT clients’ business, understand their problems and identify opportunities to address them.
• Generate opportunities for new and innovative work, and coach Technical Directors on how to do the same.
• Contribute to and, where appropriate, attend sales pitches.
• Lead the onboarding of new clients’ IT departments.
• Attend critical client meetings, where appropriate.
Business Group Leadership
• Keep the team in touch with what’s going on in the greater Klick universe.
• Be a strong cultural steward for the business group.
• Actively participate in the business group’s leadership team and support change management priorities sponsored by the team.
• Keep the CTO in touch with what’s going on in the business group.
• Actively participate in the Klick Technical leadership group and support change management priorities sponsored by the group.
• Advocate for and support the technology team inside and outside the organization
• Be aware of and balance the needs of Klick against the needs of the business group to the satisfaction of all parties.
This position will have travel a few days a month, as most of our clients are US-based biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
We’re growing extremely quickly (averaging 40% year over year), and as we’ve grown we’ve managed to be a Top 5 Great Place to Work, Platinum Best Managed and Deloitte Fast 50 Company. The technical team is full of extremely bright and capable individuals, and you’ll find that Klick has really figured out how to assemble a fantastic team. We’ve been focused on technology since our inception in 1997, and we see it as a major differentiator in our marketplace.
Over Twenty years ago, Klick Health set out with a bold vision and a simple promise: to shape the future of digital health. Today, we’re the No. 1 independent digital health agency in the world. And we’re growing. Fast.
So, if you like to work hard and have some fun while you’re at it, we’re always on the lookout for exceptionally talented people. Take a look around and see how working at Klick is radically different.