We’re looking for leaders to help our business grow. You’re a veteran of web or mobile development, comfortable in front of a client, and ready to lead a team to deliver top-notch solutions. You’re smart, and you have a list of applications delivered to prove it.
As a Technical Director you’ll report to one of our VP’s of Technology with a focus on a defined portfolio of clients. You will serve as the technical lead on client accounts ranging from $3 million to $13 million+. You require knowledge of Application Development, Web Development, Quality Assurance and Systems Administration as you will be representing all of these disciplines on your accounts.
- Understands business problems to be solved, and provides technical direction and solution during all phases, including discovery, pre-sales, definition and delivery.
- Provides estimates for projects for all technical disciplines, and involves other discipline leads where appropriate.
- Ensures project managers are equipped to monitor project cost, risk, and timelines.
- Serves as standard escalation point for the project management team for any project risks, costs, and duration.
- Ensures quality of all technical outputs meets expectations.
- Maintains lasting client relationships, particularly with IT departments, through both remote and on site meetings across North America.
- Maintains long-term and big picture plans for client systems, architectures and technical environment.
- Identifies new opportunities in day-to-day communication, and communicates them to the core team.
- Defines, communicates and enforces necessary standards and regulatory compliance, particularly in relation to security and privacy.
- Assists Client Services and Business Development in sales efforts.
- Manages a team of developers and other technical staff
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Academic excellence preferred.
- 8+ years industry experience in technology
- 5+ years experience in a cross-functional role, or 2 year+ experience in at least 2 of the following disciplines: Architecture design, Application Development, Web Development, Quality Assurance, Data, Analytics, CRM Operations, Systems
- In-depth knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure, risk management/compliance and related information security requirements
- 3+ years experience in people management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team orientation and sparkling interpersonal skills
Professional accreditations considered.