Are you looking to break free of the IT grind? Looking to join a team where you can make a difference? Look no further! Klick Inc. has an immediate opening at our Toronto office for a Senior Systems & Network Specialist, aka “The Solutioneer”. Solutioneers are enthusiastic, innovative, solutions focused professionals who consistently contributing to the success of the business. Solutioneers are responsible for the shared management, support, maintenance and development of the organization’s IT infrastructure.
Reporting to the Director of Office Technology, this role will lead and participate in projects ensuring they are conducted in ways that benefit the project objectives as well as Klick’s long-term interests. Candidates at this level should deliver complete solutions that have been tested thoroughly. We are looking for someone with clear technical judgment and a desire to get things done!
As Senior Solutioneer (Senior Network & Systems Specialist) you will:
- Lead and participate in the design, implementation and administration of management systems, such as SCCM, Jamf Pro, Server Density, Vcops, Windows Intune | MS.
- Champion and assist in the design, implementation and administration of LAN and WAN architectures.
- Ensure that network and systems issues are identified in a timely manner, and propose the necessary solutions.
- Meet with IT management on a regular basis to discuss, evaluate, and implement changes that may be required.
- Work in cross functional teams to assist in service development, network evolution, and other initiatives.
- Evaluating new network and system management tools.
- Implement, configure and administer the Active Directory, Windows Server, Linux and VMWARE environments, including network and server hardware.
- Work with IT management to ensure that operating efficiencies are met and maintained throughout the organization.
- Day to day support and maintenance of existing network monitoring and management systems.
- Providing network and system reports to management.
- Work with vendors to address software or hardware issues.
- Document technical processes/ procedures.
- Assists with the training and development of new and existing staff
- Adhere to policies and procedures as it relates to system security, monitor and report potential system violations.
- Respond to direct calls from staff and escalated requests from the help desk.
- Six plus (6+) years of experience working in an enterprise environment with network, server design, implementation, and support experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills and a desire to solve problems.
- Should have consistently had major success during participation in all aspects of small and large projects and have been essential to those projects successes in previous roles.
- Must actively seek accountability.
- Competence extends to architecture, project planning, documentation, and other project-level issues.
- In depth technical knowledge of prevalent management systems, such as SCCM, Jamf Pro, Server Density, Vcops, Windows Intune | MS. Experience with similar systems would also be acceptable.
- In depth understanding of enterprise backup, disaster recovery and related technologies VEEAM, SRM.
- Experience supporting hardware such as standalone servers, SAN storage, fibre DAS, SAS DAS, data backups and data deduplication technologies.
- Strong Skills and proven experience deploying, configuring and administering Active Directory, Windows Server, VMWARE and VEEAM.
- Network skills; ISCSI, Ethernet, IP, VLAN, DHCP, DNS, routing, and switching.
- Proven experience with cisco networking and security.
- Industry certifications such as CCNA, VCP5, MCSE: Server Infrastructure would be an asset.