The Digital Librarian is responsible for managing the overall strategy, implementation and workflow of the Digital Asset Management system (Widen) for Klick. Overseeing the day-to- day activities associated with the negotiation, purchase, taxonomy, metadata, retrieval and cataloging of all assets including images, audio tracks, video clips, iconography, client logos and brand guidelines, as well as final project files (as required). This role will work closely with the Art Buyer. Additional responsibilities include training Klick employees on the DAM tool and maintaining and updating accurate DAM access records and reports as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Acts as in-house advocate and expert in Digital Asset Management for Klick
● Promote, train and support all DAM users as required
● Refine and implement asset purchasing, meta-tagging and archival workflow processes
● Create and maintain up-to-date DAM documentation including access records, purchase requests, invoices, EULAs, DAM ingestion, processes and procedures
● Establish and maintain access controls so only the appropriate individuals have access to protected assets.
● Ensure comprehensive client asset libraries are uploaded including logos, brand guidelines, assets and any pertinent final versions of completed work
● Recommend and adapt to changes and improvements across the organization and client group needs as required
● Administration of invoicing and billing of all digital assets and monitoring expiring assets. Ensuring up-to-date and accurate recording of usage rights for all purchased assets
● Internal liaison with regard to asset misuse/infraction
● Monitor and provide reports on the DAM on a weekly/monthly basis as required by Klick & clients.
● Training and support for all DAM stakeholders and users in effective, efficient and accurate use of the DAM system.
● Register, maintain and update an active DAM registry of users and requirement permission and access levels
● Collaborate with new potential users of the DAM to assess their specific business needs
● Other duties as identified and assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
● Advanced organization, strong attention to detail and time management skills
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Knowledgeable of a variety of digital media asset types – images, photography, video, audio and design files.
● Demonstrate strong Initiative – self-starter.
● Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve – solution provider
● Ability to manage, grow, and maintain relationships with internal & external customers and suppliers
● Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
● University degree in Library and Information Science, ALA-accredited program or equivalent post-graduate certificate with experience in related field – Preferred.
● Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems experience – Preferred.
● Minimum of 5 years advertising agency experience – Preferred but not required.
● Pharma background is an asset, but not required.
This is a one-year contract position to cover a maternity leave.
Over Twenty years ago, Klick Health set out with a bold vision and a simple promise: to shape the future of digital health. Today, we’re the No. 1 independent digital health agency in the world. And we’re growing. Fast.
So, if you like to work hard and have some fun while you’re at it, we’re always on the lookout for exceptionally talented people. Take a look around and see how working at Klick is radically different.