At Sensei Labs, we build smarter workplace solutions that people love. We’re the newest member in the Klick family of companies, so we get all the advantages of being an agile start-up but within a well-established company with an awesome, award-winning culture. Our development team is a dynamic, diverse, and fun group. We’re constantly growing and looking for the next team member to join us in building lasting success for our customers and for Sensei Labs.
Sensei Labs is looking for an engineer experienced in cloud architecture and development. We help teams at fast-growing companies evolve and execute faster through our custom SaaS platform, SenseiOS. Come work with us to create more efficient, happy teams! Your focus will be in the areas of DevOps, performance, and high availability solutions.
What you’ll do
- Architect and create functionality to support the platform, such as automated video transcoding, or improvements to our deployment process.
- Create and build on our services layer, mainly implemented with ServiceStack.
- Improve tooling to measure, optimize, and scale our cloud infrastructure.
- Address scaling issues by diagnosing, solutioning, and implementing.
- Collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on technical design proposals.
- Contribute to internal tools that help us improve our development process, manage our users, and improve the scalability of our systems.
What we’re looking for
- You have 5+ years of experience in a web development environment.
- You have extensive experience with Azure. AWS experience is also an asset.
- You’re experienced with scrum sprints, rapid iteration, and continuous delivery
- You’re motivated, self-directed, a good communicator and have strong telecommuting skills (many of our team members work remote at least some of the time).
- You’ve been on teams building web applications professionally and can point to things you’ve worked on.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You know how the web works. You know HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS and what a good API looks like.
- You take a cloud-first approach when developing to derive maximum benefit from systems/architectures already available.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You know how to build reliable and safe distributed systems and understand the trade-offs made when engineering a feature.
- You have a strong understanding of data modeling and storage with both relational and NoSQL DBs
- You have a good knowledge of performance, scalability, availability, and security standards for the web.
What will set you apart
- You have a history of open source contributions and helping the broader software engineering community (through Github, StackOverflow, a blog, or the like).
- You are excited about automation, and implementing high performance code that can handle large loads.
- Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc)
- Advanced understanding of SQL.
- Experience with Redis (or other NoSQL databases).
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible
- Azure certifications: “MCSA: Cloud Platform” or ” MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure”
- AWS certifications: “AWS Solutions Architect”, “AWS Certified DevOps Engineer” or “AWS Certified Developer”
At Sensei Labs, we’re continuing to build a stellar, diverse team and inclusive culture. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have all of the listed qualifications as some of our best team members brought unique perspectives and experience we might otherwise have missed.
We’re committed to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for all qualified candidates, including candidates of colour, women, LGBTQ+ candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, Indigenous candidates, immigrant candidates, and candidates with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.