Klick is seeking an Art Buyer to join our growing team in Toronto.
The Art Buyer is responsible for the integrity of the still images used by the agency in all of its print and digital advertising for both Clients work and internal marketing communications. Responsibilities will include coordinating the research, purchasing, contracting, licensing and tracking for all stock assets (images, icons, audio and video). This includes researching and establishing outside vendors such as photographers, fine artists, illustrators and stock image sources. The role will also serve as a support for our Digital Librarian. The ideal candidate for this position, will be organized, have a great eye for detail, will challenge and support the creative team to find the best solutions to fit our client’s needs.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- You support the creative teams during creative development, artist research and scoping through to preproduction and shoot production
- You would build a resource library that would showcase new talent from Photographers, Videographers, Illustrators, etc.
- Research and identify appropriate images for design projects as needed
- Research and identify artists to be commissioned by the agency
- Full procurement, management, and production of external photo shoots if needed
- Track copyright information, vendor information, and licensing for all procured content
- Will also work closely with the Digital Librarian to manage the digital asset library (Widen)
- Refine and implement asset purchasing, meta-tagging and archival workflow processes
- Support the Digital Librarian in maintaining up-to-date DAM documentation including access records; purchase requests, invoices, EULAs, DAM ingestion, processes and procedures
- Pricing and usage negotiation of all assets and contracts with third party asset vendors
- Support the Digital Librarian in maintaining comprehensive client asset libraries are uploaded including logos, brand guidelines, assets and any pertinent final versions of completed work
- Recommend and adapt to changes and improvements across the organization and client group needs as required
- Administration of invoicing and billing of all assets and monitoring expiring assets. Ensuring up-to date and accurate recording of usage rights for all assets
- Other duties as identified and assigned
Required skills & attributes:
- Excellent organization, strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Strong understanding of the creative process
- Strong Initiative
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve – solution provider
- Demonstrated ability to manage, grow, and maintain relationships with internal & external customers and suppliers
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced team environment.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Computer proficiency including Database management, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Mac platforms
- BA/BS degree – required
- Degree in Photography, Visual Arts or Digital Media preferred, or applicable work experience
- Minimum of 5 years advertising experience – preferred
- Font and stock asset purchasing experience – preferred
- Pharma background is an asset, but not required