We need detail oriented, architecturally strong data focused software developers who know how to get things done, and who can lead and design the technical components of a project.
We’re not picky about what tools, languages or frameworks you know. We want to know about how smart you are and what you’ve accomplished. Whatever your platform of choice. Our belief is that if you have the “right stuff” learning a new language or framework is much easier than learning how to be the kind of motivated leader who will succeed here at Klick.
Of course this assumes you’re open-minded about the tools you use and more interested in the type and complexity of the problems you’ll get to solve than the tools you’ll use to solve them.
We’re looking for a Platform Data Architect to elevate our product team approach and process with regards to database structure, ETLs, data-warehouse, BI and dashboarding. Creating data marts should be second nature and already come to the table with best practices and knowledge of industry best in class solutions.
You’re the right fit if…
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers expectations. You get things done the right way. You like to get your hands dirty. You represent our product with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
- Provide technical solutions, estimates and ensure delivery stays on track with a high degree of quality
- Architect data warehouse, datamarts and data stores, while ensuring high level of data availability, and assist in their designs and implementation
- Employ industry standard best practices in data warehouse design and implementation as well as ETL Frameworks
- Database development skills (e.g. writing ETL jobs, stored procedures, SQL optimization, etc.)
- Identify potential issues and gaps in the architecture, design and/or implementation
- Work closely with the application development teams to ensure capture of all new data elements and process changes as they are made at the application level
- Architect and implement business solutions using data/information architecture concepts and industry recognized data modelling tools and notations
- Should be experienced in architecting and designing online analytical processing solutions including data warehouses, data marts and OLAP cubes
- Creating and optimizing data conversion and migration methods for existing data and developing automated data conversion and data migration scripts
- End-to-end development of software systems from architecture and design through development to deployments and maintenance
- Continually experiments with and evaluates new technologies
- Understands business problems to be solved, and provides technical direction and solutions during project discovery, definition and delivery.
- Ensures the quality of all technical outputs meets expectations.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Academic excellence preferred.
- 5+ years experience with web frameworks such as ASP.NET MVC, PHP, Sails, Drupal or Ruby on Rails.
- 5+ years experience with databases and database applications (we mostly use SQL Server and Postgres).
- 5+ years Experience in both strategic design of data warehouse & the ability to implement the strategy.
- 5+ years industry experience in technology, specifically in senior application development roles ideally with management experience.
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals and development process and strategies (ie: software development models, TDD, unit tests, domain driven design, etc.).
- Analytic, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Team orientation and sparkling interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented fashion without losing sight of the overall picture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional accreditations considered.
- Experience with Amazon and Azure data services
- Big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Map Reduce, etc.) is a desired skill